Indulge the Senses
Are you looking for a creative getaway with family & friends or a weekend away with a special person in your life?
If so, then we have the perfect experience ready and waiting, just for you!
We are now able to offer a complete indulgence and sensory experience for those who wish to linger a little longer.
Beginning at 10am on any Saturday, the "Indulge the Senses" package includes a farm visit, a hands-on pottery class, meals and luxurious accommodation for up to 4 guests, all within walking distance from each other in our vibrant, tiny town.
In order to engage with each of the five senses, we have tailored the following activities to stimulate and surprise:
- As a visual treat, start the weekend with a visit to the picturesque Glen Greenock Farm. The 150 acre farm has been owned by Ross Davey and Marcia Lazarus for over 15 years in which time they have worked to enhance the natural fertility and pasture quality using a range of biological methods, including natural animal fertilisers, supplementation of natural earth micro flora and earth fungi. The visit includes a scrumptious morning tea and is an opportunity to learn about ethical animal management, direct from the experts.
- The inviting aroma of lunch will entice you next as a delicious meal is served at Felix Ceramics Studio.
- Your sense of touch is engaged when you connect with the earth and the afternoon is for playing with clay; discovering the place where your creativity grows! We encourage you to delve into a world of imagination in our fully equipped pottery studio. Choose from a broad range of classes on offer, our diverse programs have something for everyone. Whether you are a hands-on beginner or looking to develop your skills and artistic practice, we will guide your learning process. Included is clay, firing and a selection of glaze colours. Please note that glazing is provided by studio staff post workshop and finished works can either be collected from the studio or delivered by post when ready.
- Delight in the sensation of taste as you enjoy a three course dinner on Saturday evening at the award winning Talbot Provedore & Eatery, where the finest food and wines from our local region are available (please note drinks are not included in the package but are available from the bar at normal prices).
- Hear the the quiet of a once bustling goldfields village while you relax in your luxurious accommodation at Pretty Cottage, Talbot, built in c.1880 and lovingly restored with period features. The cottage is just a short distance from both the pottery studio and the Talbot Provedore & Eatery in the centre of the town. Your stay also includes a full breakfast to cook and eat at your leisure.Sunday is for sleeping in and taking in your surrounds. When you’re ready we can point you in the direction to explore further features of Talbot at your own pace. Take a wander through the beautiful, ornamental and productive community gardens, stroll down the heritage streetscape and pop into the Corridor Gallery where you can find a range of artworks by local artists.
Please note that the price per person is dependant on the number of guests:
2 people (minimum) = $360 each
3 people = $320 each
4 people = $300 each
Please choose your option below, thank you!